3rd March 2020Back
2019 was another busy year for Biocatalysts’ (see our highlights blog) and 2020 will be more of the same, here are some of the key activities we are looking forward to.
Opening of our state-of-the-art Manufacturing Facility
It has been a challenging project for Biocatalysts to undertake the design and build of a new manufacturing facility, but it has been worth it. We are proud to have a truly market leading biotechnology facility, that is based on LEAN operating principles. At the core of our new plant is a 10,000L fermenter and its supporting network of seed, feed and process vessels. This is supported by bespoke designed cutting-edge equipment ensuring our scale-up is as reliable and robust as possible. We will be inviting customers, colleagues and contributors to join us on March 18th for the official opening by Ken Skates AM Minister for Economy, Transport and North Wales.
BRAIN Group continue to collaborate
We are working closely with our parent company BRAIN AG on some exciting projects that will see us taking a leading role in the development of novel enzymes to address the need for new flavour profiles and alternative food ingredients.
2020 will also see Biocatalysts work more closely with other BRAIN Group companies, in particular with Weiss Biotech, looking at ways to share resources and optimise our manufacturing capabilities across the Group to present our customers with an enhanced product offering.
Expanding Our Horizons
We are excited to be working with the Welsh Government on several projects from improving our technological capabilities to exploring new markets. Being part of trade missions gives us the opportunity to explore emerging markets and meet with their key opinion leaders. 2020 will see the expansion of Biocatalyst’s manufacturing capabilities, and we are keen to offer these state-of-the-art facilities and services to a worldwide market.
Our Technical and Commercial Teams will be attending numerous events this Year
As you can see the calendar is filling up and the teams will be more than happy to discuss how Biocatalyst’s enzymes can help provide solutions across a variety of industries from the food sector, to life sciences and pharmaceuticals. Once again, we will be exhibiting at Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) and look forward to being back in Chicago, its home for the next 10 years. Another big date in the diary for Biocatalysts this year is Food Ingredients Europe (FiE), with 2020 marking the start of the event’s new annual cycle and we have committed to attend in Frankfurt.
• Future Food Tech 2020 San Francisco, 19th – 20th March
• The Ingredients Show in Birmingham, 30th March – 1st April
• 2nd International Conference on Microbial Food & Feed Ingredients in Copenhagen, 15th – 17th April
• Protein Engineering Conference in San Francisco, 22nd – 23rd April
• 10th Algae Industry Summit in Reykjavik, 29th – 30th April
• CPhI North America 2020 in Philadelphia, 5th – 7th May
• Vita Foods in Geneva, 12th – 14th May
• BIO International Convention in San Diego, 8th – 11th June
• Gordan Research Conference in Manchester New Hampshire, 12th – 17th July
• IFT 2020 in Chicago, 12th – 15th July
• BIO World Congress in Raleigh, 21st – 24th September
• FiE 2020 in Frankfurt, 1st – 3rd December
Watch this space for further announcements during 2020 from the team at Biocatalysts!